WW1 Commemoration Week of Activities
Saturday, November 10th
Commemorating 100 years since the end of World War 1...
Holy Trinity Church Southport will hold a week of activities, beginning on Saturday 10 November, to pay tribute to those who took part in World War 1 and World War 2. On Sunday there will be a Remembrance Service with a two minute silence and a laying of the wreath.
More Information (Sandgrounder Radio is not responsible for external websites)
Most of the activities will be held on Saturday 10 November, 10am-4pm. Precise timings are still to be decided but will include:
• Live WW1 poetry, read by poets dressed as WW1 soldiers
• Artwork and poetry from Holy Trinity primary school and St John’s CoE school, Ainsdale
• Video report from the trenches – Formby High School
• Audio and written report of Shot at Dawn
• Silhouettes as part of the There But Not There project
• Original artwork
• Musical interludes
• Children’s activities
• Historian’s story (talk)
• A tribute to the police who took part in the war
• Memorabilia including original cigarette boxes, cartoon books of the day and mysterious letters!
• Trinity 'Mess' - delicious food and drink served in the Parish Centre amid street party style decorations
• On Sunday 11 November there will be a Remembrance Service with a two minute silence and laying of the wreath.
• The Film Journey’s End will be shown, timings to be confirmed
• On Friday 16 November a performance at the piano, with a sing-a-long of war time songs, in the Parish Centre at 1pm for 45 minutes. All welcome. Free, with refreshments.
When: Remembrance Week, starting Saturday 10 November
Where: Holy Trinity Church and the adjacent Parish Centre, on Hoghton Street, Southport, PR9 0PN.
Accessible for wheelchair users.
All events are free.
Check out www.trinityarts.org.uk, Facebook @SouthportTrinityArtsFestival or Twitter @TrinityArts2 nearer the time for schedule.
There is some pay and display parking on the road outside the church but it may be better to park in a car park and walk to the church, which is close to town.
Holy Trinity Church
The event runs from 10:00am to 4:00pm on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.